This course introduces you to information technology including computers, computer networks and their applications in the new trends of the world. By the end of this course, you will have a sound but basic understanding of information technology, how workplace can be automated with computers, how communications systems can help to uplift the productivity of essential activities, and how the World Wide Web can influence the workplace. Consequently,
At the end of course students should be able to:
• understand the major components of information technology applications: hardware, software, computer networks, data, processes, and people. Further, they can identify the impact of information technology on individuals, organizations, and society.
• self preparation for a rapid changes of the business world which is now depends on the information and communication technology, an area undergoing continuous changes, by fulfilling all the assessments in different area basically, practical implementations rather than the theoretical knowledge.
• transfer the skills and understanding acquired in this course with activities in both other courses and non classroom work.
• established a foundation for using information technology throughout the degree programme, which is essential part of gaining knowledge of those subject areas from the Internet.
- Teacher: Mr. RVSPK Ranatunga